IMPORTANT – Your favourite hoops
– If they’re not REALLY distinctive please label your hoops
– Hooping Mad will have a very small number of hoops you can borrow if you haven’t got your own with you plus the they’ll be a load of hoops to buy from the vendors
– Please check the main workshops and optional workshops for details on what hoops are ideal 🙂 Don’t worry if you don’t have a specific size/number. There’s always lots extra at SWhoop and people are friendly 🙂
IMPORTANT – Water bottle – LABEL IT WITH YOUR NAME
– Both halls are heated and warm up quick when you’re hooping but it’s worth bringing some layers for when it’s not so energetic or for if it’s Autumn nice outside and you want to have a sit in the lovely Trinity community garden 🙂
– For taking loads of pics and for workshop recaps
– Workshop recap videos are FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY and not for publication on youtube. Thanks!
– Make sure you CHARGE your camera and make SPACE for workshops.
Tennis Ball(s) (optional)
– Used as a massage aid in the Stretch sessions at the end of Friday and Saturday.
– We will have a limited number available that you can borrow and some for sale at cost price 🙂
Yoga mat (optional)
– For stretching workshops, more comfortable than the hall floor! We don’t have access to the ones we usually borrow so it’d be great if you could bring your own along.
– Also beneficial for Jen’s Cartwheel class 🙂
Extra food/snacks (optional)
– We’re pretty on it with the chocolate, tea, biscuits etc but if there’s something you can’t do without then bring it along
The back of your cupboards random TEA collection!(optional)
– THE GREAT SWHOOPY TEA SWAP…. BRING YOUR UNWANTED TEAS TO SWHOOP AND FIND THEM A NEW HOME and perhaps find a new fave for yourself!
– For new hoops, Raffle tickets (epic prizes) or other vendor goodies!
– Nearest cash point is a short walk away. See the local information.
LED hoops (optional)
– For the evenings and the LED ball
– Remember your chargers! If you are coming from the US and have LED hoops with you it’s worth checking whether you need an extra voltage converter as well as the plug converter. You need this for the psi-hoops. Astral chargers are fine.
– Remember to charge your hoops ready for the Saturday night post-show party!
– There’s a prize for best costume on Saturday night so come dressed to impress 🙂
– 80s styling: Some leg warmers, some lycra, a head band and a G-tard for Fondle’s sessions!
Treasure for the PWB Treasure Table(optional)
– One hooper’s junk is another’s treasure
– Emma’s treasure table is back…costume, leggings, random bits and bobs… this time taking donations for Performers without Borders.
– If you have some unwanted treasure you’d like to add to the table then please do but if it doesn’t get snapped up PLEASE TAKE IT AT THE END! The idea is I end up with less stuff, not more 😛
Business cards (optional)
– All about the networking!
– If you have your own ukulele please bring it for the uke workshop and for general paying and singsongs throughout the weekend 🙂
– Emma will have few extra. They will be available to purchase at the end of Swhoop at cost price!
Rhythmic Gymnastic Ribbon (optional)
– You will need a ribbon for Sky’s workshop. If you have your own please bring it. Sky has a number of ribbons you can borrow for the workshop but there is a limited number of ribbons.
– There is also the option to purchase them from Sky at the event.
Notebook and Pen (optional)
– Please label your notebook so if it gets lost we can get it back to you.
A Towel (optional)
– There’s a few high energy workshops at SWhoop 2017 and if you’re partaking in these you may be sweating a bit in some of the workshops. A towel is clearly useful to mop your brow and it’s nice to have the option of refresh even if it’s just in the sink (no showers on site).
– Plus everyone knows that a towel, is about the most useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have 😛
Blanket/Slippers/Other warm stuff/hot water bottle (optional)
– We have a load of chill out area stuff and it’s not as cold in October as in in the old Nov SWhoop years but sometimes it’s nice to have your own stuff to curl up in for a break/nap.