IMPORTANT – Your favourite hoops
– If they’re not REALLY distinctive please label your hoops
– Hooping Mad will have a very small number of hoops you can borrow if you haven’t got your own with you plus the they’ll be a load of hoops to buy from the vendors
– Please check the main workshops and optional workshops for details on what hoops are ideal 🙂 Don’t worry if you don’t have a specific size/number. There’s always lots extra at SWhoop and people are friendly 🙂
– COUNT YOUR HOOPS AT THE BEGINNING AND CHECK YOU TAKE HOME THE SAME AMOUNT 🙂
IMPORTANT – Water bottle – LABEL IT WITH YOUR NAME
– Both halls and the marquee are heated and warm up quick when you’re hooping but it’s worth bringing some layers for when it’s not so energetic or for if it’s Autumn nice outside and you want to have a sit in the lovely Trinity community garden with the new marquee area 🙂
– For taking loads of pics and for workshop recaps
– Workshop recap videos are FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY and not for publication on youtube. Thanks!
– Make sure you CHARGE your camera and make SPACE for workshops.
Tennis Ball(s) (optional)
– Used as a massage aid in the Stretch sessions at the end of Friday and Saturday.
– We will have a limited number available at reception that you can borrow/have
Yoga mat (optional)
– For stretching workshops and yoga, more comfortable than the hall floor! We don’t have access to the ones we usually borrow so it’d be great if you could bring your own along.
Extra food/snacks (optional)
– We’re pretty on it with the chocolate, tea, biscuits etc but if there’s something you can’t do without then bring it along
The back of your cupboards random TEA collection!(optional)
– THE GREAT SWHOOPY TEA SWAP…. BRING YOUR UNWANTED TEAS TO SWHOOP AND FIND THEM A NEW HOME and perhaps find a new fave for yourself!
– Remember to take your faves at the end!
– For new hoops, Raffle tickets (epic prizes) or other vendor goodies!
– Nearest cash point is a short walk away. See the local information.
LED hoops (optional)
– For the evenings and the LED ball
– Remember your chargers! If you are coming from the US and have LED hoops with you it’s worth checking whether you need an extra voltage converter as well as the plug converter. You need this for the psi-hoops. Astral chargers are fine.
– Remember to charge your hoops ready for the Saturday night post-show party!
– There’s prizes for the best costumes of he night. Also there’s also the INFAMOUS SWHOOP DANCE OFF (winner of the dance off wins a ticket for SWhoop 2020!) so come dressed to impress 🙂
– If you have your own ukulele please bring it for the uke workshop and for general paying and singsongs throughout the weekend 🙂
– Emma will have few extra. They will be available to purchase at the end of Swhoop at cost price!
Fans and/or Poi (optional)
– You will need a set of fans for Lila’s workshop and a set of poi for Kay’s workshop. If you have your own please bring it. Lila and Kay have a number of extra props you can borrow for the workshop but there is a limited number of each.
Any random crafty materials for tailoring your craft area creations (optional)
– Specifically for the Unicorn Head Band, Fancy Shoulderpads, Mermaid Tiaras/Bras and the Pimp your Visor workshops. We have lots of materials. It’s just if you have anything particular eg, shells, flowers, fake fur, sequin material etc.
Knitting Materials (optional)
– We have a limited number of knitting needles and crochet needles to give to people that sign up for the workshops. We also have lots of wool but if you have your own needles you can bring (for chunky wool) and any spare wool lying around then please feel free to bring it along.
Face Painting Supplies (optional)
– We have loads available to you but if you have any random glitter or face paints you’re looking to get rid of then I’m sure people would love to share in the pre- Saturday show Glitter Up!
– If you’re a keen reader and love sharing book recommendations then bring a fave book to have some well deserved downtime in the SWhoop Quiet Area 🙂
Notebook and Pen (optional)
– Please label your notebook so if it gets lost we can get it back to you.
– There will also be some available at reception if you forgot yours 🙂
A Towel (optional)
– There’s a few high energy workshops at SWhoop 2019 and if you’re partaking in these you may be sweating a bit in some of the workshops. A towel is clearly useful to mop your brow and it’s nice to have the option of refresh even if it’s just in the sink (no showers on site).
– Plus everyone knows that a towel is about the most useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have 😛
Blanket/Slippers/Other warm stuff/hot water bottle (optional)
– We have a load of chill out area stuff and it’s not as cold in October as in in the old Nov SWhoop years but sometimes it’s nice to have your own stuff to curl up in for a break/nap. Blanket also useful for the Yin Yoga Workshop 🙂